View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

in retrospect it would have been better to not have booked this tour right away… Chris, Linds and the rest keep at it in the studio, Stevie might pop in and out as she preps for some kind of solo tour, let her do her solo shows even for just a couple of months (her solo tours are not gargantuan any more) while they keep working on the album and then put a new album out and THEN tour all you want and be done. You've closed out FM on both fronts by then-- album and tour-- and if no one wants to give it another go then no loose threads are still hanging out.

Though I disagree with Stevie's choices to date for my own selfish reasons, you gotta figure she's looking at how to close out both Mac and her solo career on high notes. Mac-wise, ok, they've opted for the big, high-profile tour-- who sells out arenas at 60 and 70-something (as she said in the article with Haim)? Very few acts. Go out with a bang. Her solo career? Does she want that to end with an album that, however good, has really been mostly ripple in the public consciousness? (I know that comment will blow some Ledgies' heads off, but in the real world that album has not been huge, it's been respectable, but that's it). I think she feels like she can let FM go if need be and know it ended well, they came full circle with Chris, etc.

The solo stuff she still seems looking for a big ending. She's 66. She'll be 67/68 before getting her next chance for solo stuff (24k tour doesn't count as new material). Time is short. Again, I disagree with how they've mapped this whole thing out, but there we are.