View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
They haven't been friends since 1976, if even then.

The star-crossed lovers story they've played up since 1997 is nauseating and an affront to both the truth and to Lindsey's marriage.

"It's like one of those great romances of the century."–Stevie Nicks 2013, 1:21-2:21: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIbnm2z3Atk

Give me a break. Don’t great romances usually end up with the two people together and not hating each other (or at least one hating the other)?

Watch as they walk on stage holding hands as though they are quasi-lovers, and bear in mind that Lindsey is married to another woman. Notice also how Lindsey yanks her with great force when she heads for the front of the stage.

These are not friends.

There is no genuine affection there and it's an insult to the fans, to the truth, and to Lindsey's marriage that they undertook such a facile charade. You don't see John and Christine holding hands and feigning some sort of lingering romantic bond.

Lindsey and Stevie have amazing musical chemistry, but that's all they have. And frankly, that should be enough.
Exactly! They're not friends, but well, Lindsey also contributed to the charade.

I think at this point he has more musical chemistry with Christine than with Stevie. I understand some shippers' desire to witness a happy ending but no matter what happens next, it will NEVER be the same. She ruined everything.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.