View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 05:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
Are you still on this false narrative? In the majority of markets ticket sales are off by 20% at a comparative time elapsed from the onsale date / prior to show date and that is at a 20% decrease in average price point.

This is not a disaster, everyone’s costs will be covered, but it is most definitely selling under expectations.
NO, its NOT a false narrative which is why I brought it up.
20% off from what? Time elapsed? LMAO On with the show tour was announced and sold within a month of the first concert. These dates were announced over a half a year before the performance in many cities. No comparison there.
The bottom line is while they may not get On With The Show numbers, they will get Unleashed numbers (that tour cancelled shows but had very strong numbers in most cities). Don't forget, Unleashed was in the top 10 concert grosses of 2013.
You can scream FAKE NEWS all you want but the facts show otherwise. The tour is barely promoted since it has not even started yet. Stevie had worst pre-sales for 24k Gold and sold out the most arenas during her entire career which is why she kept extending the tour. We all laughed after the first month of ticket sales but sure enough the asses were in the seats and sold out. The only people that buy concert tickets 8 months before a concert are hardcore fans. The arena will be casual fans who are mostly there to see Stevie. Casual fans are not flocking to buy tickets to a concert half a year away. On with the show was like the Dance. It was a moment in time that cant be reproduced. The Dance was the band reuniting all 5 Rumours members. The Dance brought back Christine after 16 years. There is no new album and Lindsey is gone. Of course its not On with the show and those kind of ticket sales. You cant compare these tours. The Mac double backed over most US cities during On With the Show. Having said that, the tour will be very successful and not just "covering costs" as you pretend in your false narrative.
Even the chart that is provided has tickets a whopping $8 less than On with the show at the BBT Arena. OMG 8 whole dollars from the Mac's peak concert tour ever!!!

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-09-2018 at 05:55 AM..