View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
You meant the ones that joined 'The children of Stevie'. I think there are a bunch of them here. They're all together in the Post Rumours thread.
To be fair, I fully believe Stevie is in some type of strange headspace right now. Tom dying I think REALLY affected her and that it had a big role in this. I mean look at who is 'replacing' Lindsey. None other than Mike Campbell-- Tom's best friend/musical partner. I think when you think about that, and (with all sensitivity) consider/compare it to what happened after Robin died, it's fair to say that Stevie doesn't handle grief well and makes erratic choices in the aftermath due to her grief.
I don't think she would have let what's happened now with Lindsey happen had Tom not died and I don't think this 'decision' has really sunk in with her yet. She obviously knows it's happened and knows she had a big part in it, but I don't think she's fully grasped it. And that's why I 100% believe, with all my heart, that down the line, when she's made her peace, she's really going to feel a lot of deep remorse over this.

Like someone else said. No matter how much you bicker, where exactly is the happiness in getting your bandmate of 40 years/musical partner of 50/ex-lover/person who once turned your world and kickstarted everything fired? Sure, now you can go on tour without getting into arguments with that person every other day, but do you actually feel good? There are people in my life with whom I have some issues, and who I don't ANYWHERE near the tremendous history that she has had with Lindsey, but if I ever let something similar to this happen with them I'd feel awfully guilty about it and I think Stevie will feel the same way soon enough.