View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 03:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I had another thought about the whole thing. Could it be Stevie is pissed that none of the band has even mentioned her new album to her? I wonder if they would have simply said how great it is she would be more into a new album. I mean when Silver Springs was left off Rumors she didn't talk to them for months. Just a thought.
Didn't both Mick and Christine attend Stevie's Polaroid show in New York? It's unlikely that her album went acknowledged. I don't think she ever expects too much praise from the Fleetwood Mac camp. There was little support from them when she went off and made Bella Donna. Around the same time, Lindsey released his solo debut Law and Order. In an press interview, he commented that he thought his album was better than hers.

By now, Stevie is used to having Fleetwood Mac (mostly Lindsey) being indifferent to her solo work. She just wants respect.
Obviously she takes herself too seriously. With two dueling divas in the band, there is bound to be tension.

I can see why Lindsey's work on Soldier's Angel was so appealing to him, because it channeled the dark, raw angst that exists in many of his songs. It was the first time he gave some indirect praise to Stevie. They had reignited their chemistry, and he expressed motivation to work with her if she wrote more songs at that level and style.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 01-29-2015 at 02:15 AM..