Thread: Unplugged???
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 04:04 PM

Yes, I knew that The Dance should have been an MTV Unplugged episode and it did air as an MTV special in the US but I don't know why it wasn't actually featured in the Unplugged series in the end.

However the session was recorded on the 22nd and 23rd of May.

The only source I can find about it is this excerpt of this The Ledge Q&A with FM session musician Brett Tuggle:

Quote:
another question: In the Peter Lewry book "Fleetwood Mac, The Complete Recording Sessions", it talks about rehersals for MTV's "Unplugged", which became The Dance. It has a listing of songs that were recorded at this rehersal (the date is April 18, 1997), but none were issued. There are a few songs listed that I have never heard of: "Forbidden", "Where Were You", and "Shadows of Love". Can you tell us what happened to these songs, or whose's songs they were? It also has songs listed such as "Little Lies", "Twisted", and "Brown Eyes". If this Unplugged resulted in The Dance, why weren't these songs incuded? If you did not take part in these rehearsals, I am sorry for wasting your time with this question! But I was hoping you *might* just know! Thanks!! (Josh Williams, East Liverpool, Ohio, USA)

Hello again Josh,

You got me on this one... I really couldn't tell you anything regarding the "song list" situation and why certain songs were picked over others. I am just the humble keyboardist and rhythm guitar player. Somebody out there knows the answers to those questions though, sorry that it's not me. It's been a long day, think it's time to shut down my happy Mac computer for the night. Take care.....

Brett

[ Note from MEA: This last answer was sent at 3:42 AM. ]