View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
how long was Stevie a waitress??

She didn't last very long as a "cleaning lady" nor did she do a very good job (unless you ask her). She also worked as a dental assistant and had to quit after like 3 days because she couldn't take the strain of leaning over. (her words).

So I think she should be very careful about the term "useless".

In the Sound City documentary she reads a letter she wrote to her family during the making of the Buckingham Nicks record. In it she says she's "getting tired of being in the studio making music 12 hours a day". Really? You're making your first album, your dream, and you're tired of it?

Remember this is the girl who said joining FM was "like joining the Army" and you have to be "on time, as on time as you can be" and "there's no calling in sick". I was always somewhat sympathetic about all that because it's hard when you get no downtime to chill out. But as I got older and wiser I realized, there was clearly plenty of time to par-tay, she made sure of that. Some of the Mac performances reflect it.

Now, over time she does seem to have embraced the work ethic and became a workhorse. To the point that it now seems like she's so built her life around work that she can't give it up.

But back in the day, I'd say "useless" was a word that cut both ways. Listen to her demo of Rhiannon (which I love) and then listen to the version that went out into the world.......and think about "useless"......

She breaks my heart. She really truly does.
I bet you all I have she doesn't even know how to scrub a toilet.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.