View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just got home from the grocery store. Okay, I can admit, I'm a little frugal..... Now, at home, when I'm alone, I might be known to drink some Franzia (box) wine. Well, a couple months ago, XXXXXX(I won't name my store, just in case someone here works for them) had my wine, at like 5 bucks off a box. They only had a couple boxes of Merlot, so I got a raincheck. The service desk lady told me she wasn't even sure she was allowed to give rainchecks on liquor, so I said, "well, I guess I'll need to go through a YOUNG cashier's line then, huh?". She laughed because she knew I was right.
Anyway, I went through this young guy's line(he is probably 21). Anyway, we joked about how much I like my "juice boxes". He hands me my raincheck BACK. I wasn't sure if it was on purpose or not. A few weeks later, I go back for more, and see him again. He keeps giving me my raincheck back! Just a few minutes ago, I stocked up again. He said, "it sure seems like you always buy your wine from me". I said, "odd, aint it?". He laughed, and slid me back my raincheck, again! I've probably bought 15 or so boxes now(no, I haven't drank them all.....I just keep stocking up, figuring that I'm going to lose that raincheck, sooner or later!).
What a boring, stupid story to share, but boy am I bored right now!

PS- they had fifths of Raspberry Stoli in the clearance cart, for $5!!!! I bought all (3) bottles they had!