View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
thanks for clarifying. again i do appreciate it - and any honest discussion. makes the world more interesting! people trying to shut down any discussion and disagreements is what is so puzzling. i guess people are so used to groupthink these days, that they are losing the skills of civil arguing and debate?

back to FM topic: you know what i find really interesting? the divide in the fandom right now seems to be actually less than it used to be in recent years:
  • used to be SN fans vs LB fans vs BN fans vs FM fans and then all different combinations.
  • now it's mostly LB + BN + FM5 + disappointed SN fans all on one side, and then mostly SN-only + pre-and post-BNera FM on the other.

another difference i see is that it seems the 2 groups are much more entrenched in their views than all these fragmented groups of fans seemed to have been. also interesting: all these SN fans who would normally only go to SN solo shows and hate FM ones now all of the sudden being the staunchest defenders of FM.
Oh my God, Elle....
Are you a lawyer? Seriously. If not, were you at least the Champion of the Debate Club in high school? You've got some serious skills, and I mean that. I may not agree with all of your posts, but I wanted to tell you that I appreciate your writing and debating skills.
You go girl!

Jamie

Last edited by jkmaletic; 05-05-2018 at 02:43 PM..