View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Christine's material, when viewed on a song by song basis against the other songwriters of the band, is the highest quality in my book. She has very, very few clunkers. Her songwriting is consistently good, her voice is consistently great (seems to get better with age, if anything), and her live performances throughout the years also are pretty consistent & good.
I adore Christine. I really do. I agree with everything you said. You know Christine is going to deliver a solid song, performance, whatever. You know when you hear one of her songs, your toe will tap and you'll probably be able to sing along with the chorus after one listen. To me, she's as great as anyone who is not Stevie could be.

For me, Stevie just has the WOW moments that no one else does. Whether it's a vocal or a composition, Stevie can blow me away like no other. And those wow moments are spread all throughout her career, even in eras when there were more lows than highs. Even if she's not always consistent, for me that's a perfectly fair trade for her most brilliant efforts. On a scale of 1-10, Christine's worst is probably a 7, but her best is probably an 8. With Stevie the range is wider, but when she gives us a 10, all is right in the world.