View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I watched the infamous "Bob Dylan" scene from "Destiny Rules," and for as much as it gets talked about, it still comes off as a very minor disagreement.

Lindsey is a very detail oriented producer and he had a point about continuity of the lyrics between the verses. Stevie is more focused on how words and phrases flow together and she had a point that the lyrics she wrote sounded more poetic.

The core of the problem, as I see it, is that Stevie wants Lindsey to see her as a contemporary of Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, and the like. She's used to producers and musicians putting her in that class, and maybe it's deserved. However, given their long history, Lindsey doesn't have the objectivity, and probably not the inclination, to see her as anything other than the girl and musical partner he's known since they were teenagers. Stevie will never be a rock legend in his eyes, and her ego has other options.
I will drive to Dayton Ohio and slap you. Let's not get carried away. I'd mention Joni Mitchell in the same breath as Bob Dylan. Stevie Nicks. ummmmmm yeahhhhhhhhhhh.... no.....
And I think he was only flagging it. As if to say, "did you mean to do that? Because there is a continuity problem." I do agree she got bent because of her ego. And it continues to bother her inflated ego.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 03-18-2017 at 03:43 PM..