View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Thanks for posting this, kak125! This review was spot on, as it reflected pretty much my experience when I saw them back in early November. The highlights the reviewer mentioned were the highlights for me, too. Neil was really the secret weapon of the night, as he did a fantastic job, especially on Monday Morning and Don't Dream It's Over. And Stevie singing Free Falling was one of the best live vocals I've ever heard out of her live.

It's cool to see other people felt the same way I did.

You are very welcome and I totally agree with you. I still can't believe how good they sounded at the Pittsburgh show. It's funny at first during The Chain I could tell the audience wasn't quite sure what to expect but then once Little Lies started they were all cheering and dancing away. My hubby who is not a Fleetwood Mac fan actually had a blast and sang his heart out during Don't Dream It's Over and my in-laws who have seen the FM in 2013 & 2014 actually seemed to enjoy this show more without Lindsey. I won't say it was better I will say though that it felt fresh which was nice.
I do think Free Fallin was the total highlight of the show besides Gold Dust Woman. I thought maybe by that point it wouldn't pack as much of an emotional punch with the audience but it really was a hit.
I also think if Mike didn't want to do it live he would have put his foot down about it. I think probably once he thought about it he figured it was a good idea. I would love for the 2nd leg of the tour if they switched it up though and did a different Tom Petty song.