Thread: San Jose 11/21
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden braid View Post
Well I was at the concert and agree 100% with the reviewer. The band sounded fine but generic. Neil's voice is bland and lacks the fire and passion that we're used to, especially on Lindsey's songs. Mike is an accomplished guitar player but his tone and style are very different from Lindsey's. Mike sounds good and shines on the Peter Green, bluesy songs but otherwise his guitar playing does not seem to elevate the songs like Lindsey's playing does.

I enjoyed hearing the Peter Green era songs since I think Mike is a better fit for these songs. I was also happy to finally hear Isn't It Midnight live. I was disappointed not to hear Storms especially since it has been replaced with Gypsy which Stevie sings so monotonously and now doesn't even have Lindsey's solo at the end as a saving grace. I also enjoyed hearing Free Falling because at least Stevie is passionate about singing this song.
Are you sure you're not Elle under a false indentity? Because apparently she's the worst person on the planet because she posted a review of no other place that Lindsey's hometown (not Nicks') where he's of course missed because guess what?, he was born there, so naturally he's gonna be missed (not Nicks').

Thanks for using the word 'monotonous' and 'generic'. They're ok and they don't mean the band sucked, but I guess not all of us can take a neutral review the same way.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.