View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 06:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
The tour is currently grossing well over a million dollars every night and ranked #13 for most grossing tour. That is wildly successful. Even more successful that I anticipated. During Stevie's last solo tour, she was grossing about the same. You are fooling yourself. The Pretenders play in small clubs and theaters and they cant fill them. 96% of the arenas are there for Stevie. Don't take my word for it, take Chrissie Hynde's word for it. She said it and toured with Stevie.
I know many don't like Stevie but you cant deny her star power to fill arenas. That is the power she has in Fleetwood Mac and she knows it. Only someone like her could put down such an ultimatum and the rest of the band kick out their guitarist and vocalist.

I have been seeing Mac shows since the 80's and Stevie is the draw. This forum is not the standard for the casual concert fans. I waited in line for Tango tickets in the early morning in 1987 only to hear the people in line say no one wants to see Christine or cares about her. In 1984 Christine had a hit solo album with mega mac hits under her belt and drew about 200 people to a small theater. Buck/McVie played small theaters and could not fill most of them. Just because you don't like the fact does not mean its true. People can post all kinds of phony numbers but the money made off this tour is HUGE. Expect to see it extended.
If Stevie was not on this tour and Lindsey was, the group would be grossing far less. This is the only reason the band picked Stevie over Lindsey.
Ditto to all of this. Not to say I like it... but I agree.

To so many people (most of the people buying tickets to this tour), Fleetwood Mac = Stevie Nicks. No other factor matters to them. Not fair, but true.