View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Yes it is incredible. The Heroes lineup sounds VERY tight and expert here. Bob Welch gave a lot right up to the end.

In the middle of the Heroes tour, Mick visited a few studios for the follow-up album. At the time, there was all expectation that the foursome would continue on as such. He heard BN's album ("Frozen Love" in particular), met Lindsey, saw Stevie through a glass partition--and that was that.

Then, when Bob Welch quit, he remembered...

Bob has said (in one of his 2 ledge QAs) that Mick and John tried to talk him out of leaving and, at one time, entertained the idea of Lindsey, Stevie, joining alongside Bob. I don't know the veracity of this, since Bob is the only one to have said it, but I do believe Welch when he said the remaining trio panicked when he quit. "They were very worried about their careers" he said.
Interesting. I love the Q/A sessions on Bob's former site. I deeply regret not knowing about it to send him an email once I got a computer around 1999.
Makes sense because Heroes was more successful than Mystery. I cant recall where but the album did chart in the top 40 with no hits.
The Stevie/Lindsey era has been over exposed and not much more to learn. I could spend hours asking John or Chris about this show and the 1973-1974 Mac.
Speaking of the Bob Q/A sessions, I did read that the band hated Bob's talking sessions during shows especially Bermuda Triangle. He said when he would start, Chris and Mick would give him evil stares
1973 Mystery To Me and 1974 Hereos are so good. I wish I could go back in time and be a groupie and just volunteer to assist the band on the road.