View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
hm. interesting that you haven't. i'm not sure what you listen to. any alt music station, even mainstream radio plays her tons these days.

just googled her and first hit that came up is Grohl talking about seeing her at Wiltern recently - apparently he disagrees with your point that "the issue is that there’s about 500 of them and they’re all practically interchangeable" lol. i'm not gonna take yours vs Grohl's side except to say that teenagers i know are reacting the same as his daughters.
https://www.nme.com/news/music/dave-...irvana-2447502

i never said Nicks was not talented. and she definitely found and made her unique style / persona and is great in marketing herself. she had a combo that worked out, especially having a band to fall back on when she was down. and then few years ago, she and her pr people found a great avenue to rebrand and resell her as an icon through AHS. it's definitely been extremely smart marketing.
I don't listen to the radio honestly I don't think people really do these days, everyone just streams. The most popular music is usually all over the streaming platforms anyways and then you can also just listen to whatever you want. And well whatever Dave Grohl and his daughters think isn't really the point lol, my point is that a random indie/alternative girl who clearly isn't big enough for a whole bunch of people to even know by name is sort of a random comparison to make with Stevie Nicks, pop-rock fairy princess witch extraordinare lol. And Stevie basically became an icon after The Dance, AHS got her a bunch of new teenage girl fans but she was already an icon.
And I guarantee you, there is no shortage of those weird indie/alternative hipster pop girls. Take for example the (imo) best one and most successful, Lorde. Or Maggie Rogers. Or King Princess. Or Banks. Or Grimes. There's so many that do that ~weird pop thing it's starting to get repetitive and lose the whole weirdness of it.