View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Agree, it's the main reason. He wants to create, and she wants nothing to do with it. She'd have to write and give her material to someone she has secretly despised for many years. (This is where I say, "told ya")

And then........ he had the nerve to record with FM and tour w/ Christine. That added a lot to the conflict.

It's not about money or fame. It's about who's the boss. The more she said she wasn't, the more she thought she should be.
And then her fame and $$ took over as an instrument to achieve such bossness. $he played it well.
And with Tom dead she was free from her eternal moral compass to do whatever she wanted. She was free to get rid of Lindsey and to bring Mike into the band.

She probably wasn't expecting what happened with Lindsey after his firing, but at the same time I doubt she cared much. She lives in her own world now.

Buckingham McVie was an offense to Buckingham Nicks. That was her thing with Lindsey, something only she shared with him. And he destroyed it by doing the same with Christine. Her reasoning, not mine.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 05-09-2019 at 01:46 PM..