View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think The Christine Perfect album is the best one she's done. Its brilliant.
I don't love the Christine McVie album. It has its high points but too many of the songs are really 'beige'.
I don't particularly like any of the Behind the Mask songs except Do You Know. The song Behind the Mask is one of her weakest songs. Doesn't do it for me.
I'm not a big fan of Hold Me. I like it but I'm not crazy about it like most people seem to be.
Her songwriting skills went downhill from Mirage onwards (when she become the most commercially successful).
She should have reverted to her maiden name after her divorce (actually, I have no idea whether anyone has an opinion on this either way- its just what I happen to think).
Her Songbird is just better than that Eva Cassidy woman's version. No arguments (although I'm sure the vast majority of Mac fans wouldn't argue against that one either).
One More Night is a lost gem- wasted on the Live album (ditto Temporary One, ditto Love Shines).
Heart of Stone is boring. Just never did it for me.
In general I prefer songs she's written on her own to all her collaborations.
Mystified is amazingly good (in part down to Lindsey's guitar work).
She should have done more artwork on more Fleetwood Mac covers. Not necessarily front covers- but it would have been cool to have had more of her art on inner sleeves etc.
Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie is a more satisfying album than Say You Will.
Christine's voice isn't the strongest or the best, but is the most 'listenable'. I just find Lindsey's and Stevie's voices too grating over entire solo albums.
Her very, very best songs were either from 1975 or before.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood