View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 12:46 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I understand your anger and share much of it, but I'll refrain from judging Christine since, after a 16-year break, she stepped into a minefield. It's clear she has more musical respect for Lindsey than anyone else. He is her true collaborator. It's also true that Christine's sense of loyalty is to a band that she has loved and joined long before he was a part of that. That she sought out Mick to help her over her fear of flying says how close she is with him. Yes, all of the Brits chose the corporate entity over the creative surge of new music--but they clearly had to choose! THAT is not their fault. THAT fault belongs to the two who couldn't abide one another and made life miserable for everyone else.

Do I wish the band chose Lindsey over Stevie? You bet. The possibilities would have been so rich! But it simply wasn't going to happen. Greed, fear, and an entity called Management made sure of that. I don't think Christine had much of a choice if she wanted to stay involved--and she wants to stay involved.
This is pretty much how I feel, too. And it appears to be the way the writer of the Mojo article was trying to describe Christine as well: stuck between a rock and a hard place. All that being said, I do think her "better than what we ever had before" is deeply regrettable. It's just so unnecessary in this context.