View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
several points here:
  • this make Christine look really bad - a spineless, horrible and ignorant person.
  • it's not really clear in several of the places what exactly is she talking about, and which timeframe - before or after Lindsey was thrown out by Mick and Stevie? like - "it was a really hard time" - when? when she found out Lindsey was out and had to make a decision whether to stay in the band?
  • "Lindsey, you know...." what do we know? that they screwed him? but she doesn't want to say it because it's a done deal now? "I really don't want to harp on this very much, because what's done is done." well Christine, even though it's a done deal, you can make it better or worse by saying hurtful stuff. and you are definitely making it worse.
  • did Mick tell her they'll disband if she says she's out if Lindsey is out - since apparently Mick told her Lindsey has to be out, there's no discussion about that, because there will be no FM 5 if they try to call Lindsey back because in that case Stevie will leave? "just too much animosity between certain members of the band"
  • the writer seems to describe Christine as being sad about the whole situation - "genuine regret at how things turned out" - yet other than that "really hard time" she doesn't say anywhere that she's sad about it so was there more that she said and they didn't quote? if so, why?
  • Christine obviously has no clue what democracy means. it's almost like Mick threw around the term and told her to use it and now she's using it.

talking about Mick, man we have to get to his ridiculous nonsensical logic. i just don't even feel like re-reading his blabbering-fool wording. one of these days.
I understand your anger and share much of it, but I'll refrain from judging Christine since, after a 16-yrear break, she stepped into a minefield. It's clear she has more musical respect for Lindsey than anyone else. He is her true collaborator. It's also true that Christine's sense of loyalty is to a band that she has loved and joined long before he was a part of that. That she sought out Mick to help her over her fear of flying says how close she is with him. Yes, all of the Brits chose the corporate entity over the creative surge of new music--but they clearly had to choose! THAT is not their fault. THAT fault belongs to the two who couldn't abide one another and made life miserable for everyone else.

Do I wish the band chose Lindsey over Stevie? You bet. The possibilities would have been so rich! But it simply wasn't going to happen. Greed, fear, and an entity called Management made sure of that. I don't think Christine had much of a choice if she wanted to stay involved--and she wants to stay involved.