View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

I've also never speculated on the politics of anyone else on this forum, and the fact that someone speculates on mine, and then insinuates I am a conservative is the funniest thing I've ever read on here. Thanks for the laugh!
Is English your second language? I'm not trying to be shady... I'm just trying to justify what I perceive to be poor reading comprehension on your part. And if English is your second language, I totally understand why you're not quite getting my point. My point is that the rise of conservative media has elevated stupid conspiracy theories to the mainstream. I did not call you conservative.

Quote:
In short, it is indeed a fact that the band did not fire Lindsey until now. If you have evidence to the contrary, please share. Ugly word or not, that's what they did.
Stop it. Now you're just delving into semantics. When Mick demurs that "firing" is an "ugly word," he is not denying that Fleetwood Mac fired Lindsey. Mick was trying to come up with a less caustic term for what happened... which was that Lindsey was fired. He never, ever said or implied that Lindsey left on his own accord.

Quote:
It was stated by the band that Stevie suggested Mike to replace Lindsey. Simple reading of band interviews/watching of band interviews on tv should suffice.
So once they decided they couldn't move forward with Lindsey, what were they supposed to do? Just gaze at their navels until a random guitar player fell from the sky? Of course they probably had Options B, C, D, E, etc. when they finally decided to pull the plug on Lindsey. That's just common sense.

Quote:
It was stated by Mick, Mike, Stevie and perhaps others as well in the tv interviews and Rolling Stone audio interviews that Mike was contacted about replacing Lindsey within days after Musicares. Again, basic reading and listening of recordings of the band.

...and your point is...? What does that have to do with your narrative about everyone being greedy and Stevie holding everyone hostage and acting like a diva and conspiring to get out from under Lindsey's shadow?

Quote:
If we are going to claim anyone is turning rumors into facts, let's consider the rumors that Lindsey was physically abusive to Stevie, that Lindsey definitely did something horrible the night of Musicares, that Lindsey was abusive to Stevie during SYW..... you can't have it both ways.
We have Carol Ann's account. We have some degree of corroboration regarding Lindsey's anger management issues from Ken Caillat (and Richard Dashut too, I think?). We have Mick's account in his book about Lindsey chasing Stevie around Christine's cul de sac after he announced his departure. There are multiple accounts of the NZ show where Lindsey chucked his guitar at Stevie. Sure, you can be a Lindsey apologist, and that is your right. But the portrait of St. Lindsey that emerges after these accounts of his behavior does not exactly help to negate those allegations.

Quote:
For every posting on this board about Stevie screwing over Lindsey there's an equivalent post about Lindsey abusing Stevie, about Lindsey having no talent, about Lindsey's wife being a gold-digger, about Lindsey and his wife not really living together.....etc etc. For every post about Lindsey getting screwed there's at least two posts about how Stevie is perfect, all her songs are perfect, and gleeful comments about how many more solo albums she sold than Lindsey. In other words, one person's trash is another person's treasure. Those who can't stand a single criticism of Stevie do their fair share of reaching and fact-twisting.
Please show me one post by anyone that "Stevie is perfect, all her songs are perfect." I just happen to think that criticism has to be backed by more than just wacky conspiracy theories and connecting dots that are located in different time zones. If you are criticizing her work or her performance, it's all legit as long as you have observed it with your own eyes/ears. But formulating such strong stances about the character of someone you don't really know based on a limited dataset is naïve at best.