View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I will NOT miss the maddening frustration of these five almost recording a follow up to TITN on several occasions. In this sense, I’m glad the fab five are over. At least there’s no more reason to pull our hair out asking why these five people cannot get it together for one incredible last album.

However, I will miss that possibility. Even when all reason told me they would never make new music in the form of a full new album. I still held out hope that creativity would prevail. LB/CM came as close to fulfilling that dream as possible. And yes, it was a great alternative.

I will miss hoping they would stretch out a little and work harder to break their repetitive, predictable setlists. I will miss the ways in which LB and SN balanced one another—his intelligence and creative drive against her shallow narcissism; her warmth and easy allure to his occasionally cold and paranoid affect.

I will miss the hope of a second BuckVie album.

So...as you see...what I’m really missing is the potential of the Rumours five to do something substantial together. But even if LB stayed, there’s little likelihood new music and a more adventurous approach to touring would have resulted.