View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I hate to say this but Christine's voice has gotten weaker since the last tour. Also I don't think she ever recovered from that hand accident because she barely plays. I just don't think they should tour after this anymore with FM. I do think they probably have one more album in them as you can sing much better in a studio. I've done it and it's MUCH harder to sing in front of an audience with the band playing live then in the comfort of a studio.
Well, I am a HUGE Christine fan, but I have to agree with much of this. She sounds pretty damn good routinely on "Too Far Gone" and in a few other spots, but mostly the angelic, mysterious voice of yore is pretty worn now. To be fair, she sounded rough on more than a few of the Tusk- and Mirage-era shows, too. And I have a bootleg of her singing "Oh, Daddy" from 1977 that sounds REALLY rough. So, I think it comes down to the fact that she's never been as consistent a live singer as she is a studio singer. Add to this the age, her unsteady right hand, and you have someone who WANTS to tour but doesn't have the necessary power to stand on her own without a wall of back-up players.

Still, if she came to my hometown or nearby, I'd drive there in a second.

Can she still make great music in the studio? Absolutely! I wish there'd be more focus on the records these days than the tours. I know touring is where the $ is, but do these people need more money? Just collectively hand Mick a million in lieu of 90 tour dates...

I'm hoping there is another BM album. I'm so grateful for the music we have. "Carnival Begin" alone was worth the four-year wait. Let's hope we don't have to wait again.