Thread: Nicks McNuggets
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
EXCLUSIVE: How George Harrison babysat Bob Dylan, Tommy Lee nearly froze on a glacier, Sinatra grabbed Dean Martin’s butt and Stevie Nicks almost fell off a roof: Rock photographer tells the stories behind music’s most iconic pictures

And Preston admits he almost killed Fleetwood Mac’s Stevie Nicks on an At Home shoot for People magazine.
‘She was living in Venice, California, at the time and she had a condo on the top floor of a six-story building right on the sand in Venice Beach and we had a great shoot, she couldn’t have been easier.

‘But I still wanted that one last killer photograph and I said almost at the same time as she said: “Why don’t we go up on the roof and shoot as the sun is going down?” I thought it was a fantastic idea.
‘She had put on this white outfit with long sleeves of fabric that really caught the wind like a sail on a sailboat. The second I put the camera to my eye the wind starts kicking up. She is posing and the sleeves are going all over the place, and I realize about three frames in that the wind is going to be blowing so hard that one gust and she could be blown right off the side of the building, six stories down, which would have ruined Time Life’s insurance department’s day.
‘There was only one thing to do because we were getting great photos and the sun waits for no man and it was going down. So I made an assistant of mine lie on his stomach out of frame and I said “You hold on to that white boot — you do not let go.”
‘And that is what he did. She stayed in one place and we got great pictures. But that is why you don’t see her boots in the pictures. There could be no full-length shot.’

Full Article w/ Lot's of Photos:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...etty-Rose.html
Caption under the photo: STEVIE NICKS 1981 ‘I knew Stevie was beautiful and talented but I didn’t know how hysterically funny she is. To this day I tell her if this rock ‘n’ roll thing doesn’t work out you could be a stand-up comic. This was taken on the roof of her building in Venice, California. Because of the high wind my assistant is grabbing her ankle. That’s why it is not a full-length shot.’