View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 02:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Letter to the Editor, Journal Star

http://journalstar.com/news/opinion/...2c4919f68.html
January 21, 2015 11:55 pm

I was one of approximately 14,000 Fleetwood Mac concert participants who enjoyed 14 hits from very talented artists. I’m also blessed to have had the discretionary income to pay about $190 for the ticket. Unfortunately, fans saw a bit over a half of a concert, cut short due to illness of the drummer ("Mick Fleetwood illness cuts Fleetwood Mac concert short," Jan. 18).

Fans respectfully exited Pinnacle Bank Arena, realizing that “stuff happens.” I propose that Fleetwood Mac artists refund money by paying it forward in our community. Could Fleetwood Mac donate $50 per ticket to these four agencies: Cedars Youth Services, Food Bank of Lincoln, Matt Talbot Kitchen and Outreach, and People’s City Mission? This would generate, by my approximations, $700,000, or $175,000 per organization. These are among many nonprofits that make a huge difference in the lives of our citizens who don’t have $190 to spend on a concert ticket. Fleetwood Mac could pay our community “forward” to any organization that matches their philanthropic values. These are my suggestions to get the conversation started. I am confident that these successful artists will do the right thing.

Maureen Burson, Lincoln