View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 10:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Artists do not make money off of record sales. It's actually been this way for years (and before the internet). I think the artist might receive only a few cents off of each record sold. Record company contracts are written to benefit the record label--no one else.

What's more, the way the record company justifies this robbery is by telling the artists that they can now TOUR and make millions of dollars because they have a hit record.

I'm not quite sure what Stevie means about albums not selling. Why would it matter? Even if the next Fleetwood Mac record sold 10 million copies, Stevie would see VERY LITTLE of that money. It would so straight into the record label pockets.

So true! ... however, I'm guessing that FM negotiates more per units sold. Sure, artists just starting out receive fewer points per unit sold hence why so many go the indie distrubution route now, but they don't get the publicity push behind the album. LB gone that route on solo stuff.
If this is the last FM album, I'm sure the PR behind it would be huge. And all the managers would be pushing hard for higher points. But, it's cut 5 ways, and I'm sure SN likes it cut one way
sure... she doesn't like being in the studio with LB, she's earned her right to do what she wants, etc....
I just hope she will look at the big picture, since she has always said it's all about 'the fans' ... and how it will go down in RnR history if this 5 does one last swan song. I mean, it's all about the ART, right? lol

When you don't know what it is
But you can't get enough of it