Thread: Pittsburgh Show
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Final thoughts.
I think this is the best Stevie solo tour since Enchanted. Her heart is really into this tour and the set list is very good. If you are on the fence about going, I would highly suggest you go.
Interesting that the Pittsburgh show sold out. That may be a first for her. She almost sold out in 1986 and 1989. I have heard some of the song stories many times. But the newer songs I was not overly familiar with the stories so I enjoyed them. My sister is a very casual fan but she enjoyed them too.
I personally think Prince was a jerk for the way he treated people and I am over Stevie's Prince stories. But it was touching when she said that she was someone that many were concerned enough to watch over her for being so out of control. She said he cared enough to watch over her.
I remember reading in an interview with actress Zooey Deschanel that for the episode of New Girl in which Prince guest starred and did her a make-over he actually wanted her to look like Stevie and personally choosed her outfit. I think he truly cared for Stevie after all.