View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I think a big difference between Stevie and someone like Joni Mitchell is that Joni wasn't just a songwriter, she was a skilled multi instrumentalist and she completely created her music herself and produced it herself. Not to undermine Stevies talents as a writer but she can't really be compared to Joni in that regards.

It's something I've noticed recently, in a lot of criticism of Beyoncé people say she's become an artist who relies very heavily and visuals and performances. And then people defend her saying David Bowie was also very heavy on visuals. But David Bowie CREATED his music, wrote and produced it. Beyoncé doesn't do that at all. She has a bunch of people who do everything and then she goes out and performs what they did. That being said, I like Beyoncé a lot and think she's great but she's definitely a performer, not so much an artist.

Wow I think I got waaaayyy sidetracked here.
The difference between Beyonce and Stevie is ...... Beyonce can dance and sing light years around Stevie Nicks.
Joni Mitchell is a true artist with a range that is about a (fill in any large number) times what Stevie's is. She's done folk, jazz, classical, ballet, and oh yeah.. she's a painter. I've seen her play piano as well as Christine McVie. She plays a mean guitar with such a unique style.

Joni didn't care about sales (past tense because she doesn't record anymore). She did whatever she wanted to do no matter how badly she was threatened by the record company. She painted and sold her paintings to finance her records. She also slept with the record company owner, but she did what she had to do. lol (but I digress) Stevie Nicks isn't even on the same planet talent wise as Joni Mitchell.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 03-18-2017 at 07:59 PM..