View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
It's kinda fitting... the band did not take her seriously one iota back in the day, but now she's the one wielding all the power. Karma's a b*tch.
Good point!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
No, I think he was referring to IYD. If you recall, sometime around October of 2010, Stevie and Dave were back at the Village Recorders for a couple of weeks to lay down the drum tracks. All of the other tracks were recorded at Stevie's house, so I suspect Ken was exaggerating when he said that the entire album had to be recorded in two weeks.
Ken wasn't exaggerating. Stevie is the one prone to that...

Quote:
One of the things that makes Fleetwood Mac interesting is the politics. They occasionally like to talk sh** about each other in the press, but at the end of the day, they circle the wagons very tightly around each other- the fab five. Fleetwood Mac the band comes first, and everyone else on the periphery of the Fleetwood Mac universe, including Ken Caillat and Judy Wong, is expendable. This explains why, after all of the years of estrangement, Christine still puts the interests of Fleetwood Mac ahead of everything else. Nobody tells Fleetwood Mac what to do. They get around to working when they want to and they make decisions democratically. Stevie, Lindsey, Christine, John and Mick know better than to upset the tenuous balance they have with each other, even to this day.

And given the sh**storm that brewed after Mick's book, I suspect everyone else would have been similarly guarded. They've all learned their lessons about loyalty and trust. "Do not break the chain" resonates more today than it ever has in the past.
Totally agree. When it comes down to it, they hash things out and unite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzoforte View Post

Stevie's not perfect, and her management is not evil.
Do you really think the view we get of a person in five minutes when she knows she's being filmed is completely accurate? I love Stevie, but we don't know her personally, nor do we know her management or her assistant. I'm so tired of all the Karen bashing, because we just have no idea. The people around Stevie are doing their jobs, and clearly doing them in a way that Stevie's satisfied with. That's all we need to know.
Well, we don't know them - but we have eye witness accounts of both Stevie and Karen. Stevie may be a diva of sorts and have bad moments, but usually everyone says she had a big heart and is a sweetheart. And that Karen is a bulldog - and she is paid to be that way. I bet she's a nice enough person...