View Single Post
Old 10-27-2018, 06:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
Nicks in particular had a fire in voice, belting out songs like “Dreams” and a particularly smoky version of “Black Magic Woman’’ that never would have made it into a Mac setlist with Buckingham in the fold. Not because he can’t play it, but because his own catalog is so vast, it would’ve made no sense to go outside.

And yet the increased energy level – and the addition of that whippersnapper Finn, who’s a baby of 60 – gave renewed strength to songs like “The Chain,” “Second Hand News” (which ironically begins with the lyrics “I know there’s nothing to say / Someone has taken my place”), “Everywhere,” “Gypsy,’’ “World Turning” and “Monday Morning.’’

The result is that everyone is feeding off everyone else, which is the way it works when a band is on a roll. Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if a few new tunes – or even an album – came out of this incarnation.
This review brought up a lot of points I hadn't seen mentioned before. For example, the reasoning behind how Lindsey's departure allowed for a more diverse set list. And the lyric from Second Hand News- definitely a sense of irony that I'm sure conspiracy theorists will latch on to ("See- it IS a big F you to Lindsey" instead of the more obvious "it's a great song we love to perform.")

More importantly, even this reviewer thinks Fleetwood Mac might release a new album, or at least thinks they should. I do, too! I almost saw them in Cleveland instead of Columbus, but I've only got a few more days, and this latest review has me very excited!