View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I respectfully disagree. I don't see any pendulum. They are competitors; two people that have almost zero in common when it comes to what they want from art. One wants "to be happy" and ride out pretending that she's some kind of important diva, and the other wants to continue to use his gifts and create and play new music. And it's been moving in that direction for a very long time.

They dated in the 70s, broke up and maybe had some break up sex along the way. But the truth of the matter is, people keep calling this part of some love/hate back and forth. I call bs on that.

And from a human level, (let's assume that $tevie did what most of us know $he did) that's really really the lowest thing you can do. Knowingly put into action the him or me. Having full knowledge of the consequences in that $he would end someone's legacy and career in the band. Just Wow. I mean really think about that. The fans, the crew, the people involved, etc. It's a lot.

Anyone would have a hard time convincing me that there's any sort of love there. And if they do, I say it's very disgusting and a sick love. (meaning not love) $he's hit a very low point in her life and doesn't realize it. $he will at some point.

I can't imagine the guilt I would feel from ending an institution. Unless of course, I had no $oul.
I both agree and disagree with you. I think it has been a definite pendulum for them for years but agree with you now, it is like you said WOW...having the knowledge and MOTIVATION to wilfully end someone's legacy is quite mind blowing really.

Last edited by Angel75; 08-19-2018 at 04:33 PM..