View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have seen Lindsey solo, live once. It was after seeing FM 3 times, I have seen them 3 times since and Stevie solo once. As much as I love Stevie, I thought Lindsey's show was more:
raw,
real,
exquisite,
deep,
less polished but more rich,
edgy,
relaxed,
interesting and
fun!

I have always had a crush on him, and for that matter the whole band, since Rumours came out. But we had the best time at his solo concert and would love to see him again. We drove 8 hours to see it, and neither of us regretted the time spent at all. We would definitely go again to those lengths to see him solo. Everything at Stevie's show was so regimented feeling, & you couldn't move up to the front. At Lindsey's show, anyone could go to the front and dance. I had eye contact with him, and swooned. At one of the FM concerts, we had front row tickets right in front of him and (I've told this story before), he looked at me at one point and mouthed "What??" while he was playing and Stevie was singing. I was like a deer in headlights. Turned out my husband was behind me, standing 6'4" pointing at me for Lindsey and mouthing "#1 fan." Later in the show, he was sitting on the side of the stage watching Mick's drum solo. My husband pointed over to him and Lindsey gave me a thumbs up sign and a huge smile. If there was any doubt about being a dedicated, lifelong fan, it evaporated in a second. He does an unbelievable job of reaching out to his fans. It doesn't take much to please us, but he takes the time that many won't.

I do find I zoom through his standard comments that he always makes, ie:
big machine/small machine
etc, etc. and I agree with shackin'up........it would be wonderful to have him really explain songs, events, etc. without always using the same wording.

But you gotta love him anyways.