View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I like where you're going with this, though I would have to include Rose Garden - which is, for me, one of the best tracks on the album. Also, Love is Like A River, which is oddly my favorite SA track, though I much prefer the RAL demos.
I really enjoy the Rock A Little takes of Rose Garden and Love Is Like A River, but don't care for the versions recorded during the Street Angel sessions. To be honest, I also preferred the faster, more intense RAL version of Greta as well.

Quote:
I always thought I missed something regarding Blue Denim, because so many folks list this as a favorite. I never understood the appeal. When she sang it on the tonight show, way back when, I got a little embarrassed for her.
Regarding Blue Denim, I actually really dig this song and think her vocal is one of the most committed deliveries of that era. Plus I really loved the live performances she did on Letterman and Leno in 1994. The Letterman version was the stronger of the two, but she acquitted herself well on both occasions. I realise she appeared to have hit rock bottom at the time, but I was actually quite moved by these performances.