View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Exactly my thoughts and additionally, he could have done all of the remixing/fixing that was required. I think his ears could have saved the day.
I'm guessing that Stevie turned to Thom Panunzio, because they had a long history going back to "Bella Donna" and the Jimmy Iovine days, along with Shelly Yakus as an engineering & mixing team. The three of them together had engineered, mixed, or produced several successful records under their belts including: Patti Smith (Easter), several Bruce Springsteen records, Lone Justice & Maria Mckee, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Joan Jett & The Blackhearts, and several more notables. I think Chris Lord-Alge working relationships with Stevie was new at this point in time. I believe her first time working with Chris was on the "Whole Lotta Trouble" radio remix single, & then the TimeSpace retrospective to remix/freshen-up her hits. Some of which I have to say had mixed results. I absolutely hate the mix on "Stand Back", it's too cluttered & he mixed out the essence of what was good about the song in the first place, needless to say I never play that mix. On the other hand his remix of "Rooms On Fire" is bliss & brought that song to life.