View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Interesting when discussion becomes labeled a tirade when someone has a different opinion. Now, if I'd engaged in name-calling of people on this board, that would be different.

I've also never speculated on the politics of anyone else on this forum, and the fact that someone speculates on mine, and then insinuates I am a conservative is the funniest thing I've ever read on here. Thanks for the laugh!

In short, it is indeed a fact that the band did not fire Lindsey until now. If you have evidence to the contrary, please share. Ugly word or not, that's what they did.

It was stated by the band that Stevie suggested Mike to replace Lindsey. Simple reading of band interviews/watching of band interviews on tv should suffice.

It was stated by Mick, Mike, Stevie and perhaps others as well in the tv interviews and Rolling Stone audio interviews that Mike was contacted about replacing Lindsey within days after Musicares. Again, basic reading and listening of recordings of the band.

If we are going to claim anyone is turning rumors into facts, let's consider the rumors that Lindsey was physically abusive to Stevie, that Lindsey definitely did something horrible the night of Musicares, that Lindsey was abusive to Stevie during SYW..... you can't have it both ways.

No one loved Stevie and her work more than I did. If you had told me years ago that I'd come down on Lindsey's side in a spat between them I'd have thought you were nuts.

For every posting on this board about Stevie screwing over Lindsey there's an equivalent post about Lindsey abusing Stevie, about Lindsey having no talent, about Lindsey's wife being a gold-digger, about Lindsey and his wife not really living together.....etc etc. For every post about Lindsey getting screwed there's at least two posts about how Stevie is perfect, all her songs are perfect, and gleeful comments about how many more solo albums she sold than Lindsey. In other words, one person's trash is another person's treasure. Those who can't stand a single criticism of Stevie do their fair share of reaching and fact-twisting.
Are you a lawyer? You're good, really good!