View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 04:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
If Lindsey feels FM owes him financially for this tour he should have been a part of, I wish him the best in winning his case. I do feel when he shared with Rolling Stone magazine a portion of Stevie's list of grievances spoken to him via Irving Azoff, he should have been straight forward with the magazine and said everything that was on the list. There has to be some huge way LB effed up in order to get canned. At least I hope there was something HUGE he did cause that could justify his firing in my mind. I doubt we will ever be told the truth.
When one gets fired from a job in real life the employer is not legally allowed to reveal to anyone else the reason. This is most likely why FM cannot tell us the truth. Also in real life when you get fired from a job it is perfectly normal unfortunately to then receive the cold shoulder by people you worked with who you thought were your friend's. I know that awful feeling from personal experience.
When you have a man and a woman or 2 men or 2 women as a couple and you are friend's with both and they end up getting a divorce, should we have to choose a side or can we be friendly with both? In that aspect I must tell you I was furious with Stevie, Mick and Christine for the way they treated Lindsey. I was also furious how those 3 destroyed MY Fleetwood Mac. It so felt like 1987 all over again. I couldn't even listen to their music for 2 solid months. But then I decided I did not want to revel in my anger and that is when I decided to forgive the 3. It really is none of my business why they chose to do what they did and at this point I am thrilled to see FM on the road and performing the song set they have chosen for this tour.
Fleetwood Mac damaged Lindsey by firing him and not letting him go on a tour that Christine said a year ago "the tour is planned and everyone has signed on the dotted line and will definitely happen."
The cold war between Stevie and Lindsey just eventually exploded. Stevie has enough power to give the ultimatum - its me or him.
IMHO the reason Stevie changed in this cold war and started acting out is because of Buckingham/McVie. When Lindsey and the rest of the band recorded without her and toured together drove her insane. It was the straw that broke the camel's back. This is why something like a smirk led her to officially come out against Lindsey.