Thread: Parents
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
I think it's awesome that we're all having this conversation -- with each other but, most importantly, with ourselves. I'm paranoid about posting too much private information on the internet but I may add to my post a little more later.... since I'm still a "kid" to some extent, it still feels like I'm betraying my parents when I speak about their faults.
It is pretty neat we're having this conversation. I actually never thought I would post something like that on a place like this, but I don't feel threatened at all, for some reason. I like what you said earlier about our parents make us what we're not, also.

My Mom is horrible at relationships, and I would like to think when I have children I will never fight in front of them, call my spouse names in front of them, or yell, all things my parents have done to each other, and it has scared me. I always told my Mom "How am I supposed to have a normal relationship someday when all I know is this crap?" So that's something I vow to do, at least try to set a good example for my future kids. At least give it my all. But maybe that's easier said than done.