View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
That is, indeed true!

I mean I'm sorry that some of you are offened - but we are in no way making fun of the actual events - like Amber said, just the absurd and silly placement of Stevie in all of the photos

So to come in here and say we're making fun of the actual events - snickering at 9-11 -that is so not the case!

And no - one can't make one feel guilty unless they know there's something to feel guilty about. I have to say that though I find these pictures wildly amusing -and many of them made me literally laugh out loud - I also do laugh with a big of guilt...perhaps that part of having a slightly demented sense of humor??
Well, the most effective humour is always iconoclastic, I think. And to destroy the power of an image is a way to get it. Sometimes it's just impossible, though and the attempt becomes grotesque, a change that we can accept or not, it depends by personal background, IMO. Can't say i love all the pictures but the one with Hitler is my favourite.

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI

Last edited by Serrart; 08-07-2006 at 07:58 PM..