View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I guess I am old school. There once was a HUGE difference between rock n roll and pop. Other times its a fine line. It can be challenging. But in my head I see rock n roll groups writing their own songs, taking a year to make an album, playing ever instrument, no voice alterations on singing, all this with no videos before MTV. Many pop artists on the other hand are package materials. Many times a performer is brought a song to sing. Its marketed to teens and put on the top 40 rotation.
There are times rock performers like Stevie do pop songs. She has done many like Talk To Me and Everyday, etc. Long story short is there really any comparison between Madonna and Stevie Nicks? Madonna does have talent but her career was excelled by controversy and many times faked controversy. Madonna is a genius the way she markets herself and she is the biggest pop star in the world. But Stevie and Christine don't need to burn crosses or sing about their virginity to get hit songs.
Yes .I'm all old school with music.Now its a big mixed up bag of everything.
The problem with Madonna is she got overexposed with the media like other artists and bands.I lost interest of Madonna probably by her second or third album. Also her crotch feeling in her vids turned me off too. Stevie and the Mac and some others kept their heads low from the overexposed dept.The problem with Stevie and the Mac is they never tried any thing different music then what they do play or the radio jocks and station program directors and music directors simply overlooked some of their country flavored tunes like Stevie's "After The Glitter Fades" and FM 's "Thats Alright" just name a couple .I was lucky here to have these tunes including L@L played on the local country station as I requested them during the request hour .Also it helped that I known the DJ there also he was a fan of Stevie's and the Mac..

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016