View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
No, Madonna is not worthy of the ROCK N ROLL hall of fame.
Can you believe rock ladies Pat Benatar and Stevie Nicks are not in the hall but Madonna is. That is outrageous and insulting. Rock legends YES is not included either. Crazy!
I am not knocking her pop/dance music. Madonna has worked with some of the best producers in the bizz. Most of her biggest hits were not written by her lyrically and she added nothing musically. How can rock legends like Pat Benatar, Stevie Nicks, and Christine McVie not be included. If Madonna is accepted then Cyndi Lauper should be included too. I think substance matters though. I think there should be a pop hall of fame and that would solve this issue. If you look at the recipients during the first several years ONLY rock stars were accepted. Sadly rock is dead and they started accepting MTV created pop stars. Its apples and oranges IMHO.
Or don't call it the rock n roll hall of fame. Call it the music hall of fame. Then I don't have a problem with Madonna. I guess I am old school rock n roll hall of fame.
I agree.ROCK artists and bands only.Stevie is left out in the cold with others that should be installed or inducted a long time ago.Madonna,Cyndi are fine and they should be in some hall a fame.Somebody should come up with a pop artist hall a fame.

Now I can see Taylor Swift working up her time to get in there.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 05-04-2016 at 09:43 PM..