Thread: Bob Welch
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 07:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
I've also read an interview where Peter said he was annoyed at some of the things Danny did on "Albatross." Also, he has said that he and Danny really didn't have any chemistry, at least not compared to the "Rumours" band.
You don't have to read too many of Peter's interviews to realise that he contradicts himself a lot - I've read several conflicting remarks about Danny and about the other members. To say that he and Danny had no chemistry is patently not correct, and what exactly would he know about any chemistry the 'Rumours' line-up may have had? I'm not really sure Peter has concrete opinions much of the time - he changes his opinion according to the mood he's in at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
I don't think he so much required Jeremy, just that he didn't want to be the sole frontman of Fleetwood Mac. Peter has said many times that he didn't want to be the guitar hero.
Yeah, that's what I meant - I think Jeremy was only brought in to take pressure off Peter at shows, and he did a fantastic job of that.

The other thing I wanted to say was regarding the public's view of Jeremy and Danny versus Lindsey. Lindsey's been in and out of the band for 30 years, J & D had only been around 2-3 years during the 69-70 era we're talking about. To me, this is the only reason why Lindsey might be more sorely missed now if the band toured without him. He's had a lot longer to stamp his personality and musical expression on the band.

I don't disagree with most of what you said - a lot of it is conjecture of course, but it's very interesting to discuss it