Thread: Bob Welch
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2005, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
Not even close, really. Let's compare the 1971 Greatest Hits album to the 1988 Greatest Hits (NOTE: The European version of the latter album had a different track listing. Thus, I'm using the tracks from BOTH albums for this example.):

The Green Manalishi: Peter
Oh Well - Part 1: Peter
Oh Well - Part 2: Peter
Shake Your Moneymaker: Jeremy
Need Your Love So Bad: Peter
Rattlesnake Shake: Peter
Dragonfly: Danny
Black Magic Woman: Peter
Albatross: Peter
Man Of The World: Peter
Stop Messin' Round: Peter
Love That Burns: Peter
Peter = 10; Jeremy = 1; Danny = 1

Rhiannon: Stevie
Don't Stop: Christine
Go Your Own Way: Lindsey
Hold Me: Christine
Everywhere: Christine
Gypsy: Stevie
You Make Loving Fun: Christine
As Long As You Follow: Christine
Dreams: Stevie
Say You Love Me: Christine
Tusk: Lindsey
Little Lies: Christine
Sara: Stevie
Big Love: Lindsey
Over My Head: Christine
No Questions Asked: Stevie
*Seven Wonders: Stevie
*Oh Diane: Lindsey
Stevie = 6; Christine = 8; Lindsey = 4

Clearly, Peter Green was the hands-down star of his version of Fleetwood Mac, whereas the "Rumours" band was a bit more evenly divided.

I appreciate the point you're making, even though I compared the Green-era line-up to the current line-up, not the 'Rumours' line-up - and last time I looked, Christine had left. Also I was thinking more of the band as a live attraction - far more people show up to see Stevie than Lindsey or the other two. I accept that's just an opinion and many many people are about to disagree

The reason the 1971 GH album is full of Peter Green songs is that he had all the singles. Danny had none till Peter left and Jeremy had one as far as I know (the first). As far as singles and hits go, sure - it was the Peter Green show, but live it was much more of a group thing. I guess that was my point

As for obscure songs - I'd say the original version of World In Harmony was pretty obscure. I know it has shown up on the Show-Biz Blues set and Live in Boston etc, but the original was only on the B-side of Manalishi and a German GH album (Purple Dancer was on there as well).

Last edited by bretonbanquet; 06-10-2005 at 02:06 PM..