Thread: Danny Kirwan
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Jimi Mac, I couldn't agree more and lately I've been pulling out the old records and wonderful gems that have surfaced on You Tube that show Danny as the first class musician that he is. Someone commented that Danny along with Peter and Jeremy so richly deserve to be household names of the calibre of Jimmy Page and Eric Clapton; a truer statement about Fleetwood Mac has never been spoken. Although history gave us the glorious Buckingham Nicks period, I can't help but wonder what Danny could have achieved if he could have gotten his personal life under control and continued to make great music that would've quite literally defined a generation. Woman of a 1000 years, heck just about every song he did with Fleetwood Mac, is right up there in quality and classic status as anything the post '75 band did, and certainly in a class with his contemporaries. He is long overdue for recognition in the classic rock world and his tracks should be appearing with any of the Beatles, Stones and Zeppelin classics. That's how good he is.