View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
TTFTS is To Try For the Sun - his gorgeous Donovan cover. Other songs that i listed if people don't know what they stand for:
TTWLG - That's The Way Love Goes
WATL - Walk A Thin Line
RAB - Rock Away Blind (with full outro)

instead of some of these, he can also do Wait For You, Right Place To Fade, Gift of Screws, or Underground, and i'd be pretty ecstatic. Gone Too Far. or Turn It On. Illumination. he has a huge list of both rockers and ballads he can do.

even solo, Lindsey doesn't play Go Insane, and he seriously considered not playing Trouble his last solo tour. he doesn't play Holiday Road and that is his most recognizable solo song, by far. i don't see ANY need for him to do these songs on BuckVie tour. for recognizable he will do his staples. that's more than enough!

i do think he will give us 2 songs the most that we normally don't hear from him, either solo or with the mac. on the last Mac tour, he did no interesting or different songs (except BTLH in AUS). on solo tours he usually throws in about 2-4 different songs than what he normally does, depending on whether it's a tour promoting a new album (and therefore with 6 new songs), or something like OMS - where we got Castaway Dreams, Bleed to Love Her, Come, Stephanie, and Not Too Late as non-staple songs. well, and Poor Little Raven at the first 2 shows. and Rock Away Blind as a by request encore at a good number of shows.

I'll have to bow to your better knowledge- but are you sure about him not playing Go Insane on solo tours???
I personally think he'll go with as much familiar stuff as possible for the reason it isn't a solo tour. He's probably going to have a lot more Fleetwood Mac fans at these shows than he would at solo concerts- he'll therefore be mindful of catering to significant numbers that wont be familiar with his solo work. That's not to say he wont play any of those favourites you mention, but I think it likely he'll want to play Go Insane and Trouble as the crowd will generally be familiar with them. We''ll see.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood