View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I'm incredible sorry to say this, but maybe Stevie had the right idea to sit this one out, considering "In my World"...

If that is the stuff for FM lead singles by now, maybe doing nothing would have been better, career- and legacy wise.
Maybe a strong backing vocal by Chris (and Stevie, if she would have been there, with the famous harmony singing) would have made it a bit better, but since not even Christine is on it, but instead we get another shot at the stupid grunting sounds from 1987 (a mystery - Big Love has never been a big hit or a signature song, and still he insists to put that grunts on again and again, ruining great (Everyone finds out) or modestly decent (In my world) songs), it seems like Lindseys production skills are even worse than already feared. He obviously has no clue about what he is doing and/or a major ego problem.
This post is extremely amusing because this is entirely your opinion on things which you're entitled to but you're acting as if it's fact. Clearly there's plenty of people who like the song or just think it's okay and don't have the same feelings about it as you do. I'm kind of baffled by why you would say Big Love wasn't a hit. Even my dad remembers that song from the radio back then and he never listened to that type of music much.
And Lindsey is a musician with over four decades of experience and tons and tons of critical acclaim. While I may also not love everything he does in more recent years, to say he "obviously has no clue" what he's doing is ridiculous.