View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 05:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I think you're wrong. Stevie was complaining about how much it costs to make an album. Without her, going to be even more expensive for each member.

Well, I think you are right but also wrong. Its the studio time that's expensive- I wouldn't dispute that. Some of the recording took place at The Village but some of the work took place at Lindsey's house and Mitchell Froom's house. Once the basic tracks are recorded Lindsey is able to play around with them as much as he likes in his own time at home. That isn't going to cost anything as everything is already set up. If at any time he wants to layer in additional parts he has the means to do that. The record was also mixed by Lindsey himself. When they made Rumours and Tusk they spent years in the studio. They probably didn't even need to record at The Village on this occasion- it was probably done for old times sake as much as anything else.

It's more expensive for somebody like Stevie to make a record as she has to rely on other people to produce, engineer, mix etc. She has to hire in the other players. Lindsey is a multi instrumentalist and doesn't need to bring other people in.

It would be interesting to know how much Mick & John get as a cut now the record isn't officially a Fleetwood Mac release. I don't think they'd normally get a significant amount from album sales anyway- I think they'll get an even smaller amount from this release- possibly even an up front salary as session players. I don't know how that would work.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood