View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I've always felt that Lindsey sees her pretension. She speaks about herself like she's some entity. It's really annoying.
he's known her since she was 17, if he can't see her pretension, he'd be a complete and utter idiot. Actually, when he said she fancied herself a poet, even as a teenager, I think he was quietly saying that she was pretentious even then. But lovable. And she did have lovable traits for a very long time. It's only recently that we don't see them as much in interviews. The interviews focus on her iconic, legendary status more than they did in the old days, so you see her playing that role, rather than showing her more human qualities like she did in the old interviews. Those made up for the bombast in the past.

I am sure Lindsey loves her and that they all do. Are they fed up as well? Naturally.

If I were them, I would actually embrace the question of why it is almost all FM on the album. I would just say that Stevie didn't want to record. Will it anger her? Well, probably, but she has said she didn't want to record herself. It's no secret. Furthermore, even if she is angry, it would not be angry enough for her to not tour with them a last time. She wants the tour money as much as they do.

I am sick of them always playing it so safe.

Michele