View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 03:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
I've been waiting to post this FM "Top 10" episode from Sea Of Tranquility (which in this case they turned into a "Top 15"). Just didn't know what forum since they cover the entire catalog: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdbNnq2L32Q

Guest co-host Jeff Young is effusive in his praise for Say You Will (says it's his favorite album after Rumours): "I got a lot to say about this underrated album in their catalog, in the Fleetwood Mac canon, which is Say You Will. And one cool thing is Lindsey did the whole album with the VG-8 Roland–it's like a guitar synthesizer–and the special pickups that he has in his Rick Turner guitar. So it has a very cool sound. He shreds a lot on that album. He gets really aggressive. There's a lot of guitar playing on this album. I think a lot of people miss this record."

I agree with the general sentiment of the above (though no, it's not my second favorite FM album). He later says (and I agree here too) that he rates Tango In The Night particularly high because it has its own distinctive flavor.

Anyway, for those who don't want to watch the thing I will later list the top 15 choices of the two hosts (they each make their own list), plus their honorable mentions. For now, however, I'm just linking to the episode so as not to spoil it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdbNnq2L32Q

Below I list my own top ten. Obviously (and admittedly) I am largely unfamiliar with much of their non-Buckingham catalog.

Well, I found it quite excruciating at times but I did sit through this. I like how they gave a lot of credit and recognition to Bob Welch and that period of the band, though its a shame they didn't include any CM songs from that period in their top 15. Disappointed with their criticisms of Tusk. The love for Say You will was a surprise, though I understand why they felt that way.
Overall, some interesting choices. So too, some really odd choices (top 15 FM songs covering all eras and you kick off with Dust My Broom???). Listening to this reminded me of what a great song Future Games is- its so mellow but you forget the last minute or so really rocks out and kicks a bit of butt.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood

Last edited by FuzzyPlum; 05-17-2020 at 03:28 AM..