Thread: Say You Will
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Illume is probably my favourite track on the album. Dark and dramatic, it captures the mood of the time. Stevie really tears into the vocals for the most part, and the trance-like beat and heavy instrumentals are really effective.
Exactly This!! That's what I wanted to say before, the trance-like beat of the song. It gives the atmosphere...
I read the story of the meaning of Illume, but for someone who discovered the song err...9 years later? ( ) it's interesting to give a new sense to the song, even when you hear that and you still think on what happened that 9/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
[...] Christine said she would have recorded with them at the time. However, I forget if it was Stevie or Lindsey that said if Christine had a hit on the album they couldn’t do it on the tour. So they recorded it without her.
With some pressure from WB, she recorded a few -good- songs for the Time album, without Lindsey and Stevie on board. Why she didn't try to make the same and record her part by her own way?? It was maybe the chance for a last album of the Rumours line-up, but then we would start to make new questions...