View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
what if him-or-me ultimatum was about Stevie being so annoyed (upset, jealous, pick your own adjective) by the high energy fans - especially girls - Lindsey had upfront on the last few tours that she was like - i am not going through THAT again! everybody upfront needs to be excited to see ME, not him, and everyone on the stage should pay attention to ME, instead of entertaining and flirting with the fans upfront?

someone told me last night after listening to this - what if LB was doing this precisely to annoy SN into making new music? because she definitely hated it. and he doesn't do this on any of his solo shows, or BuckVie.
I was one of the girls who was pulled up every night with my friends to stand at LB’s mic and I could definitely tell we were annoying Stevie by being up there. The first time was an accident. Venue security approached us and said “If you guys act really excited and dance around and have fun, you can stand front row by Lindsey”. So of course we did it. Free upgrade? Why not? And I guess we did it well because every other time we entered a show and saw Ian & Justin, they let us come straight up. Ironically, none of us are Lindsey’s fans. We’re there to see Stevie. All of us are diehard SN people - like we literally all have moons tattooed on our arm. So the whole thing was ironic. Every night Stevie would be visibly annoyed by Lindsey flirting with young girls and talking to us while she was making speeches and stuff, but we were really *her* fans and were there to see her. We just had to continue dancing and flirting and being obnoxious with Lindsey if we wanted our permanent front-row upgrades. We were definitely much more worried about angering her than he was. There were times that Lindsey would sit at the edge of the stage trying to start conversations with us during a particularly long SN Intro (usually the intro to Gypsy) and we’d be honestly afraid to reply because we didn’t want to piss her off. It was a weird situation. We basically had to piss off our own hero every night in order to get closer to her. It was all just bizarre.